The Tooele County Health Department is only providing the COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine, at this time. Moderna is only approved for age 18+. We will not be vaccinating anyone under 18 years of age until further notice.
To ensure we are able to accomodate you, we ask that you call and schedule your appointment with Transportation Dispatch (435-843-4114). The transportation team will schedule your COVID-19 vaccine appointment and coordinate your transportation.
Tooele County Transportation Services Dispatch
Phone number: 435-843-4114
Currently we are only scheduling for residents that are 65 years of age and older, or residents that are 18+ years of age and have qualifying medical conditions. If you do not meet this criteria, please check our website for upates on your age group.
Attention all non-Tooele County residents:
If you have your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine administered by the Tooele County Health Department, you will be required to have your second dose done at this same location, regardless to whether there is a health department closer to you***
Those 18 years or older with any of the following medical conditions will be eligible:
● Solid organ transplant recipient
● Cancer diagnosed within the last 5 years (that didn’t begin in the blood or bone marrow)
● Cancer diagnosed within last 1 year that began in the blood or bone marrow (excluding basal and squamous cell cancer diagnoses)
● Receiving immunosuppression therapy ● Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood, bone marrow, or organ transplant; HIV; long-term use of corticosteroids or other medicines that weaken the immune system
● On dialysis for severe kidney disease● Stage 4 or stage 5 chronic kidney disease
● Uncontrolled diabetes with an A1c of 9.0 or higher ● Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or higher (this is also called Class III or severe obesity)
● Chronic liver disease including chronic hepatitis B or C, chronic infective hepatitis (hepatitis B or C), alcohol-related liver disease, primary biliary cirrhosis, or primary sclerosing cholangitis or hemochromatosis
● Chronic heart disease (not hypertension) including chronic heart failure, ischaemic heart disease, and severe valve or congenital heart disease
● Severe chronic respiratory disease (other than asthma) including severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, fibrosing lung disease, bronchiectasis or cystic fibrosis
● Neurologic conditions that impair respiratory function, including cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome, epilepsy, motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson’s disease, progressive cerebellar disease, and quadriplegia or hemiplegia
● Stroke and dementia (Alzheimer’s, vascular, or frontotemporal)
● Asplenia including splenectomy or a spleen dysfunction
● Sickle cell disease
This schedule is only for FIRST dose appointments. If you need to schedule your SECOND dose, please select the link below:
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, we strongly encourage that you do not get a COVID-19 vaccine at this time.
Starting March 1st, all COVID-19 First Dose appointments will be held at the Deseret Peak Complex
2930 UT-112, Grantsville, UT 84029